WHAT IS FETAL HEART VR?
Fetal Heart VR is a portable and personal simulator for learning how to examine fetal hearts. It is based on years of work by MWU Group in assembling a collection of 3D heart models and Congenital Heart Disease models, which were “brought to life” in a Virtual Reality environment, with the addition of color Doppler imaging.
Thanks to Fetal Heart VR we hope to enable a more personal opportunity to learn how to perform a fetal cardiac scan. We address our application for all professionals involved in prenatal sonography or even residents or medical students, instead of using expensive simulators for this purpose.
In order to avoid costly solutions, which would not be affordable to medical students and resident physicians, we employed OCULUS GO and SAMSUNG GEAR VR mobile platforms for our application, which are available online and in many TV/Electronics/Computer stores.
OUR SIMULATOR ALLOWS TO:
Learn the characteristics of respective Congenital Heart Diseases in the fetus and comprehend them, which later translates into faster detection of anomalies while performing a prenatal scan.
Simulate fetal heart scans using a VR controller on an artifact-free image in different modes: 2D, 3D, 2D + color Doppler, 3D + color Doppler.
Better understand how to maneuver the ultrasound transducer.
The early version of Sono Mode including typical speckles for ultrasound imaging.
Dynamic anatomic labeling of the cardiac anatomy.
Preview of the full three-dimensional cardiac and extra cardiac anatomy.
WHAT DOES THE APPLICATION INCLUDE?
This version includes a healthy fetal heart as well as the 9 congenital defects: dextro-Transposition of the Great Arteries ( d-TGA), Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD), Tetralogy of Fallot (TOF), Coarctation of the Aorta (COA), Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome Based on Aortic Atresia (HLHS-AA), Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD), Atrioventricular Septal Defect (ASD), Tricuspid Atresia Type I (TA I), Congenitally Corrected Transposition of Great Arteries (L-TGA), Pulmonary Atresia with Intact Intraventricular Septum (PA/IVS).
In the next planned update 3 new defects will be added (*updates are always free).
The application ultimately will include 29 models of Congenital Heart Defects.
The simulator allows you to:
► Make a virtual ultrasound scan of normal and abnormal heart models.
► Better understand maneuvers with an ultrasound probe.
► Learn characteristics of each Congenital Heart Defect, understand their features, and train to detect these anomalies faster during the prenatal examination.
► Reduce stress and panic upon detection of a congenital heart defect in your practice.
► Use the controller to obtain all recommended cardiac views according to AIUM guidelines.
► See the ultrasound image with or without artifacts in following modes: 2D, 3D, 2D + color Doppler modes, 3D + color Doppler.
- transducer maneuvers simulation using a VR controller,
- 6 Congenital Heart Disease models of Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS), Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD), Atrio-Ventricular Septal Defect (AVSD), Tetralogy of Fallot (ToF), D-Transposition of Great Arteries (D-TGA), Aortic Coarctation (CoA), and a normal fetal heart,
- the visualization of extra cardiac organs,
- the visualization of the cross-sectional ultrasound anatomy in 2D, as well as in 3D images, which allows for a better understanding of cardiac anatomy,
- the simulation of angle dependent color Doppler mapping – for each of the types of Congenital Heart Disease,
- the ability to adjust the fetal position in relation to the transducer,
- the ability to adjust frequency of fetal heart rhythm.
- Sono Mode – the visualization of speckles typical for ultrasound images,
- the addition of 5 subsequent cardiac defects: Congenitally Corrected Transposition of Great Arteries (L-TGA), Valvar Aortic Stenosis (AS), Pulmonary Atresia with Intact Interventricular Septum (PAIVS), Common Arterial Trunk (CAT), Double Inlet Left Ventricle (DILV),
- the addition of a scanning guide for detecting particular anomalies.
- improvement of Sono Mode with more realistic presentation of virtual speckles typical for ultrasound picture and virtual acoustic shadowing,
- the addition of 5 subsequent cardiac anomalies,
- quiz mode – timed testing for detecting particular types of Congenital Heart Disease.
- the addition of subsequent types of Congenital Heart Disease,
- the addition of ultrasound pictures featuring each anomaly for reference purposes.
Are we missing any functionalities in our application?
If so – write to us!
HOW CAN I BUY FETAL HEART VR?
If you have any questions regarding buying or payment process – you can always reach us through email@example.com
“Ultrasound simulation in education technologies always in my focus of interest as a not only practicing physicion also trainer of young doctors.
Last years in exhibition halls of medical congresses we see more and more companies which suggest different type of ultrasound simulation systems in education. Every year this field growing and will influnce deeply future education methods.
I got VR Fetal Heart app same day after advertising. My first impression was wow —this is what I’ve been looking for many years. I found it really amazing not for beginners also for experienced people. It will give you chance in shirt period understand normal heart and abnormal hearts geometry features and spatial relations.
İt will teach you how to scan fetal heart. It will help you improve brain-hand coordination and scanning skills. Many thanks for developers. Great job.”
Azar Farajov MD
Radiology department invited lecturer in Azerbaijan Advanced Training Institute of Doctors after name A.Aliyev
Founder of Azerbaijan Fetal Education and Research Group
Oxygen Clinical Hospital Fetal Radiology Department
Tomasz (participant of the MWU course):
“Amazing. I can see Tetralogy of Fallot for the first time and I have been performing ultrasound scans for 6 years.”
Olek (Samsung ultrasound distributor):
“Color Doppler depends on the angle of the transducer – it works the same way it does on the ultrasound machine I use at work!”
Jadwiga (participant of the MWU course):
“It is so easy to use. Can I really buy this device in almost every home electronics store?”
Edyta (participant of the MWU course):
“This simulator can be used to carry out Professional Practical Exams on Congenital Heart Diseases.”